John M Taylor March 19 2012 20:02:32Yes, I am again having to use my own personal air miles to get to Enterprise Connect but now Air France, my favourite airline, flies direct from Paris to Orlando (so 2 hops instead of 3)! Because I am now too old to travel 'pig class' I spent extra miles to buy a business class ticket. So they just sent me an 'Exclusive Offer'. I can upgrade my ground service at Paris-Charles de Gaulle from business class to La Première (First). This gets me:
- "Welcome service at an exclusive meeting place
- Special services (porter, simplified security checkpoints)
- Première Lounge, a haven of tranquility where you can relax, unwind and work
- Car transport to the aircraft door and meeting with flight crew
- Personal welcome service upon arrival for connections"
and then you sit in business class as planned. At first I thought this was free, so why not, but then I realised that either it cost E800 (650GBP, 1050USD) each way or I could use 57,000 air miles - more than the flight itself cost! So who buys this? There must still be plenty of politicians and Eurocrats in a parallel universe out there with our money to burn!
- Comments